|Please can someone throw us a life-line! lol|
Unfortunately it's not a super positive update, but I'm trying to look at it as 'not negative' either. On the good side of things, our paperwork has been coming along nicely and we are ready to sign the contract and suggest a completion date - very exciting!
Except, I received an email from the owner last week updating us on their quest to get a mortgage application. I think I mentioned in my previous posts that the current owner lives abroad. This has meant that applying for a mortgage has been trickier than normal (and we all know that mortgage applications have got a lot harder in recent years). So the bad news was that their mortgage application was declined. So they are now in the process of trying another approach, which he tells us should take about 2 weeks. Since they don't actually live in N.I. I'm not exactly sure why they need to secure another house before selling their current one, but I'm sure they have their reasons.
I have to admit, I am very grateful that they are keeping us so well informed. I'm sure it wasn't easy to have to admit to having a mortgage application declined. And they did still say they were keen to have the process completed before Christmas, which was positive - they definitely still want to sell! But in all likelyhood I don't think that is going to happen.
I'm trying to keep positive about the situation. But if their second mortgage attempt is also declined, I'm worried they may have to change their plans to sell, which will mean a third house slipping through our fingers. And neither Robin nor I could bare to start looking at new houses again.
But who knows, we are just in a bit of a limbo at the moment. I am not a fan of this waiting game.
To read the first and second installements of our house buying saga check out these posts:
The Forsythe *House* Saga...So Far
The Forsythe *House* Saga...Continued